Animal Enrichment Positions
Animal Enrichment Volunteer
Application Status: CLOSED
Time Commitment: Once per week for at least six months
Shifts: 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays or Saturdays
In a group setting, animal enrichment volunteers use materials like PVC pipe and papier-mâché to construct items that enrich the lives of zoo animals. In this role, volunteers will learn about the principles of animal enrichment and how behavioral research can be applied to an enrichment program. Volunteers must enjoy working on both individual and group projects.
- Attend zoo orientation
- Pass a current TB test
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a positive attitude and adhere to zoo policies, procedures, and guest-service standards
- Be comfortable standing, sitting, and bending for long periods. Accommodations can be made.
- Be comfortable traversing zoo grounds in all weather conditions
- Complete an online application
- Complete an interview
- Pass a standard criminal background check