Animal Behavior Monitoring Positions
Application Status: CLOSED
Time Commitment: Once per week for at least one year
Shifts: Daily from 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. or 1–5 p.m.
ZooMonitor volunteers observe the behavior of zoo animals and record data using ZooMonitor, which allows Animal Care staff to provide high-quality animal care, welfare, and management. Volunteers in this role must have a strong interest in animals and conservation and a keen attention to detail. They must be comfortable with technology, but prior data collection experience is not required.
- Attend zoo orientation
- Complete five weeks of training
- Pass accuracy test at end of training
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a positive attitude and adhere to zoo policies, procedures, and guest-service standards
- Be comfortable standing and traversing zoo grounds in all weather conditions
- Complete an online application
- Complete an interview
- Pass a standard criminal background check