Guest Guidelines and Code of Conduct
Welcome to Lincoln Park Zoo. We are committed to creating an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. We celebrate the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, values, and experiences of all people.
Creating a safe, welcoming space for all is a responsibility for everyone.
We expect guests, staff, and volunteers to treat one another—as well as zoo animals and grounds—with respect and care. By visiting the zoo, you agree to adhere to our code of conduct and visitor guidelines, which help protect both people and animals.
Communicate with respect.
Harassment, obscenity, hate speech, racism, offensive gestures, or otherwise abusive treatment of any other guest, staff member, or volunteer will not be tolerated.
Respect the animals and grounds.
Respect all fences and barriers. Do not enter animal habitats, climb fences, feed animals, or toss items into habitats. Please respect our gardens. See Guest Guidelines for more information.
Trust our expertise.
Some bacteria and viruses can travel from humans to animals, and human behavior in general can affect animal welfare. If a staff member or volunteer asks you to comply with a policy, please do. It’s in the interest of the animals in our care.
Follow local and federal laws.
This includes applicable public health guidelines.
Any guest found in violation of the above code of conduct will be asked to change their behavior. If the behavior continues, the guest may be asked to leave zoo grounds. Lincoln Park Zoo reserves the right to involve law enforcement, change membership status, or take other steps as needed.
If your zoo experience is affected by a guest, volunteer, or staff member in violation of our Code of Conduct, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Lincoln Park Zoo uses video surveillance for security purposes.
Lincoln Park Zoo Guest Guidelines
Please follow these rules during your visit:
- Lincoln Park Zoo adheres to current Centers for Disease Control, City, and State health regulations. Please adhere to local guidelines during your visit.
- Adhere to federal and local laws, as well as applicable government health and safety guidelines.
- Assault and disorderly conduct are prohibited due to criminal law and will be prosecuted.
- Lincoln Park Zoo is a smoke-free environment, including e-cigarettes.
- No firearms, except for on-duty police.
- Respect all fences and barriers. DO NOT ENTER ANIMAL HABITATS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Respect the animals. Do not feed animals, toss or throw items at animals or into habitats, or shout at animals or tap/bang on glass enclosures.
- Do not litter. Please place trash and recyclables in the appropriate container.
- Leave flowers where they’re growing; do not pick flowers or otherwise damage gardens or tamper with plant life.
- Fishing is prohibited in the Nature Boardwalk pond.
- No bicycles, rollerblades, roller skates, scooters, or skateboards.
- Drones, frisbees, balloons, and other airborne devices are prohibited.
- Commercial and professional photography is prohibited without a permit from Lincoln Park Zoo.
- No solicitation.
Thank you for helping us create a safe, welcoming zoo experience.
For Wildlife. For All.