ZooClub is a free opportunity for teens to engage with Lincoln Park Zoo remotely while building animal care, community-building, and conservation skills. ZooClub’s digital sessions connect students with zoo experts, allow them to practice new skills, and help them meet other conservation-minded teens.
To recognize participation, we offer digital badges that qualify you to earn zoo rewards. Admission will be rolling, so you can register at any time. The sooner you register, the more programs you can attend!
To be eligible to participate you must:
- Be a high school student anywhere in the world (ages 13-18)
- Have access to an internet-connected device
- Fill out this Eventbrite registration with your parent/guardian present to give their permission for your participation
- Join our Remind group to receive text updates about sessions
During ZooClub Participants will:
- Learn about animals and the environment from experts
- Chat with zoo staff, including zookeepers, horticulturists, and scientists
- Discuss hot topics in animal science and environmental news
- Hear from zoo teen programs alumni who offer college and career advice
- Hang out and play fun games like zoo trivia
- Collect data about urban wildlife through BioBlitzes
- Experience a whole lot more!
We host two sessions per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4–5 p.m. CT via Zoom. Participants will leave each session with some new knowledge or skill.
This is a school-year program with no attendance requirements and sessions are always voluntary. The fall semester runs from September to December and the spring semester runs from January to March.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I participate if I don’t live in Chicago?
Yes! One of the advantages of online sessions is meeting teens from everywhere. Teens who live all over the world are welcome to participate!
How will Lincoln Park Zoo communicate with me/my teen?
An email will be sent directly to teens with information on how to join our Remind group and Class Dojo. Remind will be used for announcements about session schedules. Class Dojo will be used to reward students with digital badges for participating.
How should I request accommodations?
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to working with participants and their families to create an environment where all participants, with and without disabilities, can engage in programs together. To discuss accommodations, please contact Jamie Herget at email@example.com.