At Lincoln Park Zoo’s Winter Break Camp, children chase their curiosity while discovering the awe-inspiring world of wildlife—engaging with the animals, places, and people that make the zoo an amazing place!
Each camp day is independent and has a different theme, so campers can attend one or up to several individual days.
After care is available for full-day campers and for half-day campers attending the afternoon session. During this time, campers will enjoy additional time on zoo grounds and within the classroom while participating in a variety of activities, including going to animal buildings and playing games. Campers will receive an additional healthy snack during after care.
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to working with campers and their families to create an environment where all campers, with and without disabilities, engage in camp together. During the registration process, parents/guardians will be asked to share any information about their camper that can help us provide individualized support.
Lincoln Park Zoo offers partial and full scholarships for Winter Break Camp.
Active Lincoln Park Zoo members at the Individual level and above receive a 15% discount on all camp program registrations. Members also enjoy invitations to exclusive zoo events, free and reduced parking, and discounts on purchases and other youth programs.
Gift Cards for Zoo Programs
Share the love of wildlife by purchasing a gift card for select Lincoln Park Zoo programs! Purchase one for your child’s class or the animal-lover in your life. Gift cards are valid for virtual and in-person camps (prek–8), Malott Family Penguin Encounters (ages 6 and older), Zoo Investigations (preK–5), and Zoo Explorers (preK–8).
Lincoln Park Zoo Camp continually assesses and strengthens measures needed to ensure the safety, health, and security of the campers, staff, and volunteers. Staff maintain close and ongoing working relationships with local police and emergency personnel who support the day-to-day safety of the zoo.
Here are more ways Lincoln Park Zoo Camp keeps campers, staff, and teens safe:
In Zoo Buildings:
- Controlled access
- Security cameras
- Two camp instructors in each classroom
- Background-checked staff
- Camp instructors are CPR-, AED-, and first aid-certified
- Camp instructors complete a rigorous staff and leadership training
- Up to two camp teen volunteers in most classrooms
- Camp teen volunteers complete mentorship and safety training
- Class size capacities are as follows:
- Grades PreK–K 7:1
- Grades 1–4 9:1
- Grades 5–8 8:1
- Group bathroom visits supervised by camp staff, or campers are escorted to and from the bathroom by a member of the camp team
- Authorized camper pick-up list and picture identification needed to check out a camper
On Zoo Grounds
- EMT and security on site during camp hours
- Camp instructors carry radios and first aid kits
- Campers, staff, and camp teen volunteers wear specific color T-shirts for easy identification
Policies and Procedures:
- Comprehensive emergency action plan
- Regular emergency response drills during staff training
- Two fire drills during the summer camp season
- Accreditation by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums