At Lincoln Park Zoo’s Spring Break Camp, children chase their curiosity while discovering the awe-inspiring world of wildlife—engaging with the animals, places, and people that make the zoo an amazing place! Camp is fun and active, and children often go home delightfully dirty!
Each camp day is independent and has a different theme, so campers can attend one, two, or up to five days.
After care is available for full-day campers and for half-day campers attending the afternoon session. During this time, campers will enjoy additional time on zoo grounds and within the classroom while participating in a variety of activities, including going to animal buildings and playing games. Campers will receive an additional healthy snack during after care.
Lincoln Park Zoo offers partial and full scholarships for all camp programs.
Active Lincoln Park Zoo members at the Individual level and above receive a 15% discount on all camp registrations. Members also enjoy invitations to exclusive zoo events, free and reduced parking, and discounts on purchases and other youth programs.
All lunches come with a main item, such as a chicken salad wrap or cheese pizza roll up, as well as a juice box, fresh fruit, sunflower seeds, a cheese stick, and either dried fruit or applesauce. Vegetarian and gluten-free diets can be accommodated, and all lunches are peanut-free and made in a nut-free facility.
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to working with campers and their families to create an environment where all campers, with and without disabilities, engage in camp together. During the registration process, parents/guardians will be asked to share any information about their camper that can help us provide individualized support.
Lincoln Park Zoo Camp continually assesses and strengthens measures needed to ensure the safety, health, and security of the campers, staff, and volunteers. Staff maintain close and ongoing working relationships with local police and emergency personnel who support the day-to-day safety of the zoo.
Here are more ways Lincoln Park Zoo Camp keeps campers, staff, and teens safe:
In Zoo Buildings
- Controlled access
- Security cameras
- Two camp instructors in each classroom
- Background-checked staff
- Camp instructors are CPR-, AED-, and first aid-certified
- Camp instructors complete a rigorous staff and leadership training
- Up to two camp teen volunteers in most classrooms
- Camp teen volunteers complete mentorship and safety training
- Class size capacities are as follows:
- Grades PreK–K 7:1
- Grades 1–4 9:1
- Grades 5–8 8:1
- Group bathroom visits supervised by camp staff, or campers are escorted to and from the bathroom by a member of the camp team
- Authorized camper pick-up list and picture identification needed to check out a camper
On Zoo Grounds
- EMT and security on site during camp hours
- Camp instructors carry radios and first aid kits
- Campers, staff, and camp teen volunteers wear specific color T-shirts for easy identification
Policies and Procedures:
- Comprehensive emergency action plan
- Regular emergency response drills during staff training
- Two fire drills during the summer camp season
- Accreditation by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums