Ever wonder what it would be like to explore Lincoln Park Zoo after the gates close? Here’s your chance! Leave the kids at home and head to the zoo for Adults Night Out: Holidaze! Enjoy millions of LED lights, seasonal drinks at Snowy’s Spirits & S’more pop-up bar, an enchanted forest, and bars throughout the zoo! No kids. No crowds. Just strolling among exhibits with a hot chocolate or glass of mulled wine in hand.
Other Nights in the Series
Adults Night Out: The Great Pumpkin Glow
Thursday, October 29
Enjoy seasonal activities—such as a corn maze, a pumpkin walk, a haunted trail, themed food, and seasonal cocktails—at this unique after-hours experience.
Zoo members: to apply your discount, please enter the first three digits of your membership ID in the “Enter Promotional Code” field when purchasing tickets.
It’s our responsibility to minimize barriers and ensure that everyone can fully experience the zoo. Our programs, spaces, and facilities are fully accessible to our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
What changes have been made to Adults Night Out: Holidaze due to COVID-19?
As always, we are working hard to make Lincoln Park Zoo as safe as possible—for our visitors and staff, as well as the animals in our care. We routinely clean and disinfect all surfaces and public areas. Please keep the zoo safe for everyone by adhering to all guidelines and washing your hands often. Learn More
Operational Changes to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19:
- Subject to event age restrictions, all zoo guests over the age of 2 must wear a face covering unless medically unable.
- Outdoor food and retail kiosks will be open. Food kiosks will feature individually pre-wrapped grab-and-go food items. Credit cards are preferred to minimize physical interaction.
- All staff are required to wear PPE, and we will clean high-touch areas more often.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at the East and West Gates. Guests may also wash their hands at the restrooms near Regenstein Macaque Forest and the East Gate.
As a reminder, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Lincoln Park Zoo you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Will I see animals?
Most outdoor animal exhibits will be open; however, all animal houses and Farm-in-the-Zoo will be closed.
Nearly 200 species live at Lincoln Park Zoo. In general, animals tend to be most active around feeding—diurnal species are most active during the day while nocturnal animals are most active at night. But remember: most habitats at the zoo include behind-the-scenes areas, and the animals can choose where to spend their time.
What are the age restrictions for Adults Night Out?
No guests under the age of 21 will be permitted into the zoo during Adults Night Out? Before entering the zoo, you must provide a state-issued ID or United States passport to show proof of age.
I am a member. How can I apply my membership benefits?
To redeem your member discount, please follow the below steps:
- Click “REGISTER NOW” at the top of the website.
- Click “TICKETS.”
- In the top-right-hand corner, select “ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE.”
- Enter the first three digits of your Lincoln Park Zoo membership number.
- Select “APPLY CODE.”
- Select the number of tickets you wish to purchase.
- Proceed to checkout.
Can tickets be traded, transferred, or refunded and what happens if it rains?
If you are unable to attend Adults Night Out, you can give your ticket to a friend or family member. The name on the ticket does not need to match your ID. Refunds will not be given.
Adults Night Out will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly!
How do I enter and can I re-enter once checked in?
Guests may enter the zoo at the East Gate on Cannon/Fullerton (the zoo’s parking lot) or the West Gate on Stockton/Webster. Tickets can be scanned on your smartphone or on a printed sheet of paper. Re-entry is not permitted.
What items are prohibited at Adults Night Out?
Lincoln Park Zoo has a strict policy of restricted items for Adults Night Out. Bags will be checked by security at the gates. Please make note of the below items that are NOT ALLOWED:
- Outside food or other beverages
- Water bottles, beverage containers, cans, or bottles
- Folding chairs
- Luggage of any kind
- Animals (with the exception of service animals)
- Coolers (unless medically required)
- Illegal substances
- Segways/motorized scooters
- Sticks, bats, poles, or clubs
- Thermal containers
- Remote-controlled aircrafts or drones
- Items deemed dangerous or inappropriate
Where can I park and is parking included with my ticket?
Parking is not included in your ticket price; however, paid parking is available. Guests who wish to drive can park in the zoo lot on Cannon Drive. For additional information and pricing, please visit our Hours & Location page.
Will there be food or beverages for sale at Adults Night Out?
Yes. Food will be available at Eadie Levy’s Landmark Café and Bird’s Eye Bar & Grill.
All cafes accept cash and credit. However, pop-up bars may be limited to cash only. While we will have several ATMs on site, we encourage you to bring cash for the most efficient experience.