Plan Your Visit
Plan Your Visit to a Free World of Wildlife
Lincoln Park Zoo is a world of wildlife in the shadow of skyscrapers. Located within a verdant park just minutes north of Chicago, the zoo has been a natural, free oasis for generations of animal lovers, who visit the zoo to hear a lion’s roar echo off nearby apartment buildings, see gorillas climb trees as the Willis Tower looms in the distance, or forget where they are as they immerse themselves in tropical rainforests, dry-thorn forests or spacious savannas.
We invite you to visit the wildest spot in Chicago, where each year millions of guests marvel at wild wonders as they play and learn.
What to Do at Chicago's Zoo
Free and open every day of the year, Lincoln Park Zoo has something for everyone. Meet animals from around the world, relax among Chicago’s most-visited gardens and join us for exciting daily programs and events.
Hours, Location and Directions
Opening and closing hours, travel routes, parking costs, construction and early closing notices—find it all here!
The Lincoln Park Zoo visitor guide—featuring a map, zoo highlights and a full list of buildings and attractions—has everything you need to plan your visit. Print it at home or pick one up at Gateway Pavilion!
Download the Visitor Guide (784kb PDF)
- On Saturday, January 10, Regenstein Small Mammal-Reptile House will close at 3 p.m.
- On Wednesday, January 14, Regenstein African Journey will close at 4 p.m.
- On Thursdays, January 15, 22 and 29 and Saturdays, January 17, 24 and 31, Regenstein Center for African Apes will open at 11 a.m.
- On Thursday, January 22, Regenstein Center for African Apes will close at 4 p.m.
- On Thursday, January 29, the Main Barn will open at 10:30 a.m.
For Your Convenience
Gateway Pavilion, located just inside the east gate, offers the following guest services to those visiting the zoo:
- Information Desk
- First Aid and Public Safety
- Lost and Found
- Strollers and Wheelchairs
- Membership Services
Located at Park Place Café.
We ask that you refrain from smoking for the health and safety of our animals and visitors.
Your support ensures top-notch habitats for animals throughout the Lincoln Park Zoo. Give today to make a difference.