What do the animals do once the zoo gets dark? Can you hear bugs at Nature Boardwalk after the sun goes down? What constellations are visible over the zoo at night? Join us for a Campfire Night at the zoo and find out!
Families with children ages 5-12 can join the zoo’s Learning Department for an evening of zoo animals, night hikes, self-guided activities, and roasting s’mores around a campfire. Let your curiosity roam as you explore the zoo after hours and connect to the animals in a brand-new way!
Price includes parking, s’more supplies, light snacks, and activity materials.
- 6:30–7 p.m. Check in and get ready for the evening.
- 7–8:30 p.m. Explore the zoo with your family, take part in educational activities, and spend some time around the campfire!
- 8:30–9 p.m. Wrap up the night and head home.
Lincoln Park Zoo offers scholarships to cover the costs of registration. Please complete and submit an application to be considered for a scholarship.
Scholarships are limited. Applying for a scholarship does not guarantee a spot at the program.
Campfire Night Staff
Lincoln Park Zoo Learning staff and volunteers will guide your campfire night experience from arrival to departure. They will provide an orientation, help you get ready for the evening, and lead fun activities throughout the zoo during the program.
Health and Safety
- Lincoln Park Zoo respectfully requires—for the safety of the animals in our care—that all guests continue to wear face coverings at all times in animal buildings. Campfire Nights will be mainly outdoors, but we encourage participants to bring face coverings if they are medically able to wear them.
- If you or anyone in your group feels unwell prior to arriving for Campfire Nights, shows any signs
of contagious illness, or has been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not attend the program.
Active Lincoln Park Zoo members receive a 15% discount on registration. To be eligible for the member discount and become eligible for early registration, your membership must be active at the time of the Campfire Night you attend.