Savor a selection of craft beers at this sixth annual beer tasting hosted by Lincoln Park Zoo and Lou Dog Events! During this one-of-a-kind virtual experience, you will join fellow beer-lovers to celebrate the joy of craft beer. Virtual tickets include a 6-pack of local brews curated by Lincoln Park Zoo, a T-shirt, online videos explaining the beer, and access to two virtual experiences featuring local experts!
Proceeds will benefit Lincoln Park Zoo’s world-class animal care programs, innovative learning opportunities, and worldwide conservation initiatives.
Virtual Admission Tickets Include:
- 6-pack of local brews curated by Lincoln Park Zoo
- Beer announcement will take place Tuesday, September 1
- Six videos, one for each curated beer, hosted by a brewery representative talking about each brew.
- Videos will be accessible to registered guests on the week of September 14).
- Exclusive Craft Brews T-shirt
- Access to live virtual events hosted by Josh Seago, owner of Lou Dog Events, and avid beer enthusiast!
- Friday, September 18, at 7 p.m. featuring Anthony Nielsen, lead animal keeper and home brewer, as well as Seth Magle, director of the Urban Wildlife Institute: Join us as we talk about beer and conservation and how it all mixes together.
- Saturday, September 19, at 7 p.m. featuring Jim Striblen from 3 Floys Brewing Co.: Join us as we talk through the success of the industry and a variety of products with a live conversation and moderated Q&A. 3 Floyds Brewing Co. began in 1996—armed with only a few hundred dollars, a five-barrel Frankenstein wok-burner-fired brew kettle, repurposed open Swiss cheese fermenters (Hammond Squares) and an old Canfield’s Cola tank—”It’s Not Normal” ales and lagers were born.
Zoo members: to apply your discount, please enter the first three digits of your membership ID in the “Enter Promotional Code” field when purchasing tickets.
It’s our responsibility to minimize barriers and ensure that everyone can fully experience the zoo. Our programs, spaces, and facilities are fully accessible to our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
Registered guests must pick up their 6-pack of beer and T-shirt at Lincoln Park Zoo. Pickup will take place on Friday, September 18, and Saturday, September 19, from noon–4 p.m. outside the zoo’s East Gate, at Cannon Drive, or West Gate, at Stockton and Webster. No products will be mailed; shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
Registered guests must show their experience tickets and a valid ID confirming the age of the participant (21 years of age or older). For guests picking up at the East Entry Gate, please be advised that parking is only free for the first 30 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I log into Virtual Craft Brews?
You will receive a Zoom link and unique password, via your registered email address, within two hours of Virtual Craft Brews. Please click the provided link and enter your password 5-10 minutes before the experience begins. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room and will automatically gain access as it begins. If you see the “Waiting for the Host to Start the Meeting” message, it hasn’t begun yet, which gives you time to test your audio.
You can access Zoom via PC/Mac/Android/iPhone—however, we strongly encourage you to check your settings in advance before attempting to join Virtual Craft Brews. To ensure a smooth virtual experience, you should have a secure internet connection.
You will be muted upon entry and will not be allowed to unmute or share your screen with others in the group. The best way to experience the Virtual Craft Brews is through the “Speaker View” option, which will appear in the top-right-hand side of your Zoom screen.
For more resources regarding zoom, please visit zoom.us/resources.
What are the age restrictions?
No guests under the age of 21 will be allowed to pick up their Craft Brews products on site. Guests will be required to provide a state-issued ID or United States passport to show proof of age.
For the virtual component, guests of all ages may attend; however, please keep in mind that subject matter may be geared toward adults in specific instances. We leave it up to you to decide the appropriateness for your viewers.
Can I purchase tickets on the day of Virtual Craft Brews?
No. We ask all interested guests to purchase their tickets in advance.
Can I ask the host a question?
Yes! Your question will be sent to the host of the meeting, who will try to get through as many as possible at the conclusion of Virtual Craft Brews. If you have a follow up question that was not addressed during the virtual experience, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to reply with the answer.
I am a member. How can I apply my membership number?
To redeem your member discount, please follow the below steps:
- Click “REGISTER NOW” at the top of the website.
- Click “TICKETS.”
- In the top-right-hand corner, select “ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE.”
- Enter the first three digits of your Lincoln Park Zoo membership number.
- Select “APPLY CODE.”
- Select the number of tickets you wish to purchase.
- Proceed to checkout.
Does everyone in my household need a ticket to attend the virtual experience?
Your ticket purchase at all events, both live and virtual, help support Lincoln Park Zoo’s state-of-the-art animal care and worldwide conservation. Care continues here at Lincoln Park Zoo as dedicated staff remain hard at work ensuring the animals continue to flourish and receive world-class care.
100% of all proceeds go to your zoo.
We hope that all guests viewing the virtual event are registered ticket holders.
Can tickets be traded, transferred, or refunded?
If you are not able to participate in Craft Brews, you can give your ticket to a friend or family member. The name on the ticket does not need to match your ID. Refunds will not be provided.