It’s adults only (18+) at the zoo’s second after-hours event of the summer. Join us to celebrate block-party style among wildlife and gardens! Explore Lincoln Park Zoo after the gates close. No kids or crowds—just strolling, sipping, and possibly getting a little too competitive with some lawn games.
- A classic grill-out with burgers, veggie burgers, and more
- Hopscotch, Four Square, and chalk art at Foreman Pavilion
- Cornhole, foosball, giant Jenga, and giant Connect Four
- DJ playing new and classic summer hits
- Animal chats and enrichment
- Free rides on the AT&T Endangered Species Carousel
- Cash bars
- Plenty of spaces to stroll, sit, and sip with friends and family!
Lincoln Park Zoo embers receive 10% off General Admission tickets. Please enter the first three digits of your membership ID in the ‘Enter Promotional Code’ field to apply your member discount.
It’s our responsibility to minimize barriers and ensure that everyone can fully experience the zoo. Our programs, spaces, and facilities are fully accessible to our visitors, volunteers, and staff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is COVID-19 still a factor?
It is, to an extent. We still require ALL guests to wear a face covering in the open-air animal buildings (Regenstein Small Mammal-Reptile House and Regenstein African Journey). We also request that guests who are not fully vaccinated wear face coverings in all indoor areas.*
*As a reminder, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting Lincoln Park Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
What parts of the zoo will be open, and will I see animals?
We hope you’ll see animals, but we can’t guarantee it (animals can always choose whether to be visible; this is an animal welfare consideration). The best ways to see animals are to attend chats and enrichment sessions and to visit animals inside buildings.
The following buildings will be open during Adults Night Out:
- Regenstein African Journey
- Regenstein Small Mammal-Reptile House
- Helen Brach Primate House
- Regenstein Center for African Apes
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
We recommend purchasing in advance as prices are higher at the door, but if tickets remain we will sell them at the door on the day of the event.
I am a member. How can I apply my membership number?
To redeem your member discount, please follow the below steps:
- Click “REGISTER NOW” at the top of the website.
- Click “TICKETS.”
- In the top-right-hand corner, select “ENTER PROMOTIONAL CODE.”
- Enter the first three digits of your Lincoln Park Zoo membership number.
- Select “APPLY CODE.”
- Select the number of tickets you wish to purchase.
- Proceed to checkout.
Can I transfer my tickets or get a refund?
If you are not able to make it to the event, feel free to give your ticket to a friend or family member. We do not offer refunds for changed plans or inability to attend.
What happens if there is inclement weather?
All events will be held rain or shine. Please dress accordingly!
How do I enter the event and can I re-enter once checked in?
Enter the zoo at the East Gate on Cannon/Fullerton (the zoo’s parking lot) or the West Gate at Stockton/Webster. Have your ticket ready on a printed page or on your phone. Re-entry is not permitted.
What items are prohibited at this event?
Lincoln Park Zoo has a strict policy of restricted items for this event. Bags will be checked by security at the gates. Please note the below prohibited items:
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES
- No water bottles, beverage containers, cans, or bottles
- No folding chairs
- No luggage of any kind
- No animals (with the exception of service animals)
- No coolers (unless medically required)
- No illegal substances
- No noisemakers or balloons
- No segways or motorized scooters
- No thermal containers
- No weapons
- No remote-controlled aircrafts or drones
- No items deemed dangerous or inappropriate