Special Member Appreciation Activities
Bonus Extras for the Zoo’s Strongest Supporters
Make the most of your visit, and experience the zoo as only members can. Show off your membership card to take part in these exclusive member appreciation activities!
What's Available for Members?
Members-Only Animal Chats
Baby on Board: White-Cheeked Gibbons
What swings, sings and lives in the Helen Brach Primate House? Our white-cheeked gibbons, of course! The members of this ape family—including 1-year-old male Daxin—wow guests with their acrobatic routines, but those aren’t the only highlights that make them interesting. Join us to learn what sets gibbons apart from other primates.
Tuesday, December 9, 3 p.m. Register for this Animal Chat
These aren’t your average roommates! Find out what goes into creating mixed-species exhibits and learn how these zoo-mates can live together.
Tour participants will check in near the gazebo in the Ecosystem at Regenstein Small Mammal-Reptile House.
Saturday, January 10, 3 p.m. Register for this Animal Chat
Sunday, January 25, 3 p.m. Register for this Animal Chat
Gorillas: 50 and Counting
Go back to the 1960s, when then-zoo director Dr. Lester E. Fisher started our legendary breeding program for western lowland gorillas. To date, we have had over 50 gorillas born in our care. Discover how we got here and became national leaders in gorilla conservation.
Tour participants should check in at Regenstein Center for African Apes, in front of the first gorilla family exhibit.
Saturday, February 7, 3 p.m. Register for this Animal Chat
Sunday, February 22, 3 p.m. Register for this Animal Chat
If, for any reason, you need to cancel or change your registration, please call the Membership Hotline at 312-742-2322 so we may contact members on the waiting list.
ZooLights Special Member Perks
Members-Only Night at ZooLights
Thursday, December 4, 5–9 p.m.
Free for Lincoln Park Zoo members and their guests
For participants of all ages
Last holiday season more than 2,000 zoo members and their guests had ZooLights Presented by ComEd and PNC Bank all to themselves for one special night. The perk was so popular we’re offering it again this year!
Avoid the crowds (and long lines to see Santa at the Helen Brach Primate House) and enjoy these festive member perks:
- Free skate rental and ice time at Ice Skating at Lincoln Park Zoo (located at the Farm-in-the-Zoo)
- Free rides on the AT&T Endangered Species Carousel
- Free rides on the new Lionel Train Adventure
- 20 percent discount on retail purchases at Wild Things! gift shop
- Members may bring as many guests as they want!
- The zoo members lounge will be closed on this night. Zoo members have exclusive access to a members lounge on the lower level of Park Place Café on November 28–30, December 5–7 and December 12–31.
- Standard parking rates apply for members on this night (one car in zoo parking lot at a time).
Members Lounge at ZooLights
Zoo members will have exclusive access to a members lounge on the lower level of Park Place Café on November 28–30, December 5–7 and December 12–31. Duck in to warm up with cookies, cider and crafts! The members lounge will be closed December 24–25.
Zoo members: Win a free behind-the-scenes tour at the zoo!
Fill out this online survey after you attend Members-Only Night at ZooLights to win a behind-the-scenes tour at a Lincoln Park Zoo animal house!
Zoo Safari Tours
Safari level members and above can enjoy an expert look at our amazing animals with free guided walking tours of the zoo.
No tours are currently scheduled. Please return to this page later for upcoming scheduled dates.
Special Discounts on Food and Shopping
Every day, all day, Lincoln Park Zoo members receive special discounts on zoo purchases:
- 10% discount at zoo shops, Park Place Café and the Patio at Café Brauer
- 25% discount at Café at Wild Things
- 15% discount on education programs for children and adults
- 50% discount on stroller rentals
Not a member? Join today to start a year of wild memories!