Helen Brach Primate House
Primates of all shapes, sizes and colors can be seen swinging and bounding through the trees inside the Helen Brach Primate House. Originally opened in 1927, the historic Primate House once was lined with small, sterile cages typical of the first zoos. However, a two-year renovation of the building’s interior, completed in 1992, created eight, naturalistic exhibits that replicate the native habitats of the primates that make their home here. A large outdoor habitat provides additional play space for white-cheeked gibbons during warmer months.