Conservation & Science Staff Bios
Yvonne Nadler, D.V.M., M.P.H.
Davee Center for Epidemiology and Endocrinology
- M.P.H. – University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
- D.V.M. – Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine
- B.S. – Veterinary Science, University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine
- B.S. – Biology, Northern Illinois University
Areas of Expertise
- Disease surveillance
- Zoonotic and trans-boundary disease
- Risk assessment
- Disaster preparedness and contingency planning
- Zoological industry safety
About Yvonne Nadler:
After a career in private practice, Dr. Nadler returned to school to earn her Master of Public Health in Epidemiology and Biostatistics. Her interest in disease brought her to Lincoln Park Zoo, where she served as an epidemiologist for more than six years. While developing an avian influenza surveillance program on behalf of the zoo, the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and the United States Department of Agriculture, she became interested in preparedness for all hazards. She continues to work with Lincoln Park Zoo on preparedness and response programs for disease events and natural disasters.