Animal Enrichment Volunteer
In a group setting, using materials such as PVC pipe and papier mache, assist with construction projects to enrich the lives of animals throughout the Zoo. In this role volunteers will learn principles of animal enrichment and learn about behavioral research and how it can be applied to an enrichment program. Volunteers must enjoy working on both individual and group projects.
All applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Have a positive attitude and adhere to Lincoln Park Zoo policies, procedures and guest-service standards.
- Must be comfortable standing and traversing zoo grounds in all weather conditions.
- Complete an online application.
- Successfully complete an interview with the Volunteer Services Department.
- Complete and pass a standard criminal background check.
- Pass a current TB test.
- Attend and complete zoo orientation.
- Commit to volunteering once a week for a minimum of seven months. The typical shift time is Saturday 9:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. but may vary.
Click here to apply online