ZooMonitor Volunteers observe behavior and exhibit usage of the zoo’s animal collection, recording the data using the ZooMonitor iPad application. These observations contribute to optimal animal health, welfare and management. Volunteers in this role should be highly detail-oriented, have a strong interest in animals and conservation, closely follow instructions and be able to receive and send electronic communication. Prior data collection experience is not required.
All ZooMonitor slots have been filled for spring 2017. We are accepting applications for future openings.
ZooMonitors must commit to volunteering for a minimum of 12 months. ZooMonitors must be available for four (4) full-day training sessions on Fridays from early April through early May. There may be limited space available for training on Saturdays.
We anticipate recruiting additional volunteers in the summer and fall. If you are interested in other volunteer roles, we strongly encourage you to apply for those in the meantime.
All applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Have a positive attitude and strictly adhere to Lincoln Park Zoo policies, procedures and guest-service standards.
- Must be comfortable standing and traversing zoo grounds in all weather conditions.
- Complete an online application.
- Successfully complete an interview with the Volunteer Services Department.
- Complete and pass a standard criminal background check.
- Attend and complete zoo orientation.
- Attend and complete position-specific training for 4 weeks
- Pass accuracy tests with a minimum score of 85 percent
- Shifts are 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. or 1–5 p.m.
Click here to apply online