Inspiring Learners Around the World
The Hurvis Center for Learning creates memorable experiences that connect people to animals and nature while inspiring and empowering them to act as stewards for local environments and the global community. To achieve those goals, Lincoln Park Zoo’s updated educational philosophy hinges on all programs being fun, learner-directed, evidence-based, collaborative, experiential, accessible, inclusive and measurable.
This approach will encourage our varied audiences to:
- Demonstrate curiosity about animals, nature, conservation and science
- Develop empathy for animals and nature
- Understand the zoo’s role in animal care, welfare, conservation and science
- Cultivate skills and abilities to positively impact the environment
- Act on behalf of local ecosystems and the global community
Operational support for the Hurvis Center is generously provided by the Caerus Foundation.